Tuesday, June 12, 2012

12th June - hanging around Coolnahay

I'm back at Coolnahay Harbour :-)


When we left Coolnahay last Friday the rain and wind was far too heavy and strong to risk taking photos of this very pretty place.


When I arrived it was still and dry and I managed to take some pics of around here before heavy rain arrived and stayed for almost 3 hours


On the other side of the lock, I found a beautiful hidden secret picnic garden beside a miniature canal :-)


and nearby were these neighbours


then by our boat this flotilla of ladies quacking at the boys on the water


The current plan, for this leg of our waterways adventure, is for some boat maintenance work to be done tomorrow morning, set off from Coolnahay with some friends joining us tomorrow afternoon and hopefully reaching Abbeyshrule by evening after passing through several locks, 13 I think.

I have heard that lock keepers will be present, as I have also noticed this lock is padlocked so we cannot operate it ourselves

Talking of lock keepers, there's a pretty former lock keeper's house here ...


No comments:

Post a Comment